Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sheep, repülőgép and the watermelon

"so...whatcha wanna do today?"
"I dunno...what is there to do?"
"Same thing as every day...swim, walk, eat."
"OK, let's do that"

Today is about the 23rd day in a row that we've had this conversation. All we can do is vary when we swim, where we walk, and what and where we eat. Today we tried out two new restaurants, since tomorrow is our last day here and we can't stock up on groceries. This one was really cool, kind of old world authentic Hungarian. Every table had a big soft sheep skin to cuddle with, lol. 

The first time we've gotten bread before the meal, and a "kancsó" of water with four glasses - whoopee!! Every other time we've had to buy a glass bottle of juice or bottled water (tiny ones) for each person. (I usually would smuggle in a big bottle of water for us to just split, being frugal like I am). Man, I miss ice. I brought some ice trays to make ice in our apartment, but no restaurants have any. When I get back I'm going to Wendy's pronto to get a Biggie Iced Tea...then to Starbucks to get a great big Mocha Frappucino.
I had to take a picture of the silverware scuplture...EVERY single restaurant brings out a plate with paper napkins folded in half, and silverware neatly stacked on it. Haven't seen a cloth napkin yet...probably because there are no dryers.

Repülőgép: Our big conversation with Princess last night was about The Airplane. Telling her in 2 days we say "bye bye" to our ház (house) and go to Budapest for 5 days. Then we all jump on an airplane and fly otthon (home). Daddy showed her a video of a plane taking off, and she got so excited. From then on, it's been nothing but "leh-puh-leuh" (her version of "repülőgép, or airplane) all day...drawing pictures of them, watching cartoons about them, pointing to them in the sky (she saw two jetstreams crossing in the sky while we were swimming, and she said "leh-puh-leuh X!!") She talks about it all the time...so at least we have something to look forward to.

Watermelon fun for the day:  I absolutely love all the little markets scattered everywhere...so on the walk back from the Pizzaria at lunch I HAD to stop here and buy a watermelon. Just cuz. AND I made daddy take a picture of it, lol.
 The adorable part was their "sign" by the side of the road, meant to lure you behind the fence to the tent. Pictures of watermelon were being held down by a watermelon on a tiny table, and pictures were taped all along the fence. Hey, it worked!
My fun was over (and now I had to carry the 6 pound thing back!)...when we got back I chopped the thing in thirds, Monkey took one third up to the Montreys to share with them, I cut up a slice to take over to the Pool Guy Yoshi, and then I gave daddy and Princess each a spoon and they went to town. Her eyes got really big when she figured out she could just dig in. I showed her the black seeds "nem yo", and the white seeds "yo" so she knew which ones were good to eat or not.

That's all for today. Now I'll go tend to my 16 mutant mosquito bites that have been tormenting me all day...daddy is out doing a late night swim in the dark. He likes to have the pool to himself to do some laps. There are some perks about this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment