Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 6: The LAST day...

It's the last day to visit the foster home.
It's the last day we are a family of three.

To break the ice today, I make little animal hand puppets in the car. This provided entertainment for the next several hours!
We visited the chocolate and wine festival in Nyireghaza today. Kids got to dip a wafer roll in the chocolate fountain...we had chocolate on chins, foreheads, arms...it was great.

I got a picture of the foster parents so I can put it in our girl's Lifebook when we get back. They are such sweet people, and have been so hospitable to us the whole time. They have been taking care of our little girl her whole life, and I can imagine that this is very hard for them to let her go. We went through the suitcase that we had left there the day before, and checked off the list of clothes (a week's worth) that she was giving us, since the government had purchased them we had to sign off that we were receiving them. I gave the foster mother a gift of chocolates and a card that I had a note translated on, and some Kansas memorobilia. I hugged her and she kissed me on both cheeks, and I ALMOST lost it, but somehow I held it together.

Tonight we walked around the block and went out to eat at a new restaurant we found to celebrate our last day as a family of three, and then watched Cars 2 while cuddling on the couch. I'm kind of mourning this, I think....we have such a close family and have so many little traditions and routines...and I know everything is about to change. But I know we'll build new traditions and just build a new kind of normal - and I can't wait for our new addition!

1 comment:

  1. We were in Nyerghaza, too! So fun to relive that special time and follow your journey. Sounds like things are going perfectly.

    ReplyDelete