Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

Tonight after dinner when I was skimming over Facebook I saw the Satterfield's post about their anniversary being today. We have the same anniversary, and it made me realize what day it is - our 11th wedding anniversary! The days are really blurring together here...with no schedule or work, so we didn't even think about it. Thanks, Jeremy! And happy anniversary to you guys :)

We put the kids to bed after finishing the movie Tangled, eating homemade eggplant parmesan and deviled eggs (which Princess insisted on helping me with. She seemed fascinated by peeling the shells off the eggs, 'popping' the yolks out, and 'frosting' the eggs with yolk from a ziplock bag. I think she has been working in a restaurant all these years - she peeled the eggs better and faster than I did, no joke), and singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow to them. I know they aren't going to sleep tonight, as for the past 45 minutes we have heard 'tee hee' giggling and whispering...and when we go out to check on them they are mysteriously "asleep", only to hear giggling once we shut the door to our bedroom again. Oh well...they are bonding so I don't care.  Let the 'tee hee's continue.

The two of us took some chocolate wine out on the deck - from our secret deck entrance. Today we figured out that the window in our bedroom is actually a second door to the deck. Score! Now we can sneak out at night without disturbing the tee hee-ers. It's a hidden part of the patio covered by tall piney looking trees, just big enough for the green plastic chairs that are stacked back there. Our little oasis at night, lit up by the pool lights, after a hard day of sitting in the sauna, swimming in the pool, taking the free bus around town, not having any responsibilities except bonding with kiddos...what a great way to spend an anniversary!!

Interesting fact that only I'm nerdy enough to think is cool: It's our 11th anniversary. In Roman numerals that's 2. First anniversary with 2 kids. Get it!?   ha ha.

Here we are at the bus station today. I walked there this morning (5 min walk) and whipped out my Hungarian translation book to the lady at the counter and pointed to the sentence that said "How often does the bus leave the station?" and said "Tesco?" She smiled her "you idiot tourist" amused look, and wrote down "12:00, 1:00, 2:00..." with an arrow to "Tesco", then "12:30, 1:30, 2:30... " with an arrow the other way. Then circled a number 4, and pointed to the #4 stop. She must have done this before for other idiot tourists. We loaded up our Dillons bags and headed to Tesco for some groceries...and something to do.

Hardest moment of the day: Princess woke up crying for the first time, and Monkey woke us up by bringing her into our room. We gave her lots of hugs and cuddles, and called Rita right away. She confirmed that there was no tummy ache, no headache, no nightmares, and she was not scared. So all we could do was love on her, and try to make her giggle. We are getting good at that...and after about 5 min it was all over - smiles the rest of the day.

Funniest moment of the day: At Tesco, I picked up some Nutella spread (there is no peanut butter here, so that's the closest thing) and asked Princess "Eez Leek?" (do you like?) and immediately she perked up, tilting her head and lifting one eyebrow, pointing BOTH of her fingers to the Nutella like The Fonz and asked "Etz chokite?" (is it chocolate!?). I nodded yes, and she matter of factly stated "EEGAN" (yes!) and trotted off muttering 'chokite...chokite...chokite' to herself. We might need to re-enact that one just to get a picture. 

Cutest moment of the day: Monkey said to me later "My heart hurts right now because I can't tell her that I love her to the moon and the stars, I want her to know so bad." I said she feels it.

Coolest thing that happened: Our friends who are here also adopting brought their 4 girls home to the apartment for the first time today! We got to see them briefly at the pool and see what beautiful bundles of energy they are. So happy for them! Praying for sanity for them as well...now they have 8 kids with them here. I shall now call her SuperMom, along with a little bow on one knee when I see her.



1 comment:

  1. You're too sweet. I don't think I've told you enough how grateful we are that you guys are here at the same time. It's so nice to see your smiling faces. And thank you for picking up "cheeps" when you went on your Tesco run. That was a true U. N. peace keeping mission! Let us know if we can return the favor!

    ReplyDelete